POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : IRTC WIP comments please : Re: IRTC WIP comments please Server Time
14 Aug 2024 03:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC WIP comments please
From: Aaron
Date: 20 Dec 2002 22:27:00
Message: <3e03df84@news.povray.org>
I noticed a few things.

1. I think the waterfall is a bit rough.  The ripples coming from the
splashes need more attention as they should be rounded  And there is
probably a bit more foam and multiple disturbance points.  Also there will
probably be a mist coming from the fall.  Perhaps a spectrum effect like a
mini rainbow would be good?

2. I agree with the other post.  The Water out of the bottle would be less.
Also again the wave in the glass should be more rounded.  Perhaps some beads
of water from splashes on the side of the glass for detail?  Also there
would be tiny air bubbles in the water.

3. The glass looks to be missing a bit at the bottom.  Change the camera
angle or texture of the glass if this is caused by reflection.

4. The hand texture doesn't look quite right (close though!).  Probably
needs to be darker and rougher... with hairs?